Styling with Art: Moroccan
Posted in Out of the Studio by Charlotte Broomfield on 23rd May 2014
Inspired by the short lived Summer we experienced earlier this week, we decided our 'styling with art theme' would be Morocco. The sun-drenched purples and ochres in 'Inishkeas,' meant the limited edition silkscreen print by Scottish abstract artist Barbara Rae CBE RA, was perfect.
In terms of interiors, we looked for dark, rich, tapestry textures, which can be seen in Liberty's pouffe (3) and Anthropologie's weavechair (4). We chose Another Country's delicious terracotta serving bowl (5) and A Rum Fellow's (who impressed us at Clerkenwell Design Week) heavy german vase (2) to complete the look.
1. inishkeas by barbara rae
2. west german vase from a rum fellow
3. liberty pouffe
4. diamond weave chair from liberty
5. serving bowl from another country
6. italian king canopy bed from anthropologie
7. cestino liscio medium from the chelsea gardener
8. chajul cushion from a rum fellow
9. fornasetti yellow candle holder from liberty
10. suspense light from karboxx
And if you want to keep track of the best in Art and Design, Take our ART STYLE QUIZ and BECOME A MEMBER. It is free and you'll get access to the best new art from top Museums, Galleries and Artists.